Next week my husband and I will celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary!
These past 7 years have been some of the best and most challenging years of my life.
We welcomed three babies into the world, bought our first house, sold that house, bought our second home, went through career changes and learned a whole lot about who we are as individuals and as couples.
In the past we have gone away for our anniversary but this year we are going to stay local and enjoy each others company.
As part of journey to find simplicity and choose making memories over purchasing material items we have decided to keep our anniversary low key this year.
I sat down and came up with a list of 25 Free Anniversary Date Ideas.
Free Anniversary Date Ideas
1. Farmers Market
2. Make your own Pizza Night
3. Go to the beach
4. Write out your love story together with pictures
5. Have a picnic and talk about future goals
6. Go Fishing
7. Tour Open houses for Design Inspiration
8. Go to Costco and eat the samples
9. Visit your favourite Main Street and window shop
10. Visit the place you were married
11. Visit the place you met
12. Create and hide a time capsule
13. Fly a kite
14. Look through old photographs
15. Do Karaoke
16. Have a dance party in your living room
17. Play Board Games
18. Play Truth or Dare
19. Play Tennis at a local court
20. Attend Free Festivals in Nearby towns
21. Have breakfast at sunrise by the beach
22. Write love notes to each other
23. Slowdance in your living room to your wedding song
24. Learn a new language together
25. Each record a video of wishes for each other for
the future and post it to youtube to look back on
I like to extend any holiday/special occasion as long as I possibly can and plan on crossing off as many of these activities as possible over the next week.
What are some ways you celebrate your special someone without breaking the bank?
Have a great Weekend.