Happy Monday, friends!
If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I am starting a NO SPEND week today!
This month is insane for expenses (thanks wisdom teeth extractions & rep soccer fees) so I thought it would be perfect to start the month off with good financial habits and goals.
Last night, I sat down and ordered all of our groceries needed for the week from Walmart.ca so I could go pick them up today after the gym.
We've been spending way too much money on food each month between groceries and eating out so this month I am challenging our family to only spend $125 a week on groceries instead of our typical $250-$300 a week spends.
Before I went ahead and ordered our groceries, I took a look at what we already had stocked up in our fridge, freezer and pantry so that I could spend the least amount as possible.
If you don't do this already, DO IT!
It will save you hundreds to shop your pantry before you grocery shop.
I ended up spending a total of $105.33 which leaves me with $19.67 should I need to pick anything up through out the week.
I had already purchased fruit and veggies later last week, so that really helped me save this week.
Here is what I purchased at Walmart for $105.33
- Salad Kit
- Tin of Coffee
- Family Size Pack of Oatmeal
- Chex Cereal
- Fruit Snacks
- Ground Beef
- French Fries
- Pancake Mix
- Two packs of hot dogs
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Two Packs of Salami
- Cherry Tomatoes
Here are the meals I will be making this week:
- Smoothies (already had ingredients in freezer)
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls (already had ingredients at home)
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies (already had at home)
- Sandwiches (already had bread frozen at home)
- Homemade Gluten Free Lunchables (already had the crackers and cheese at home)
- Taco Salad (had taco seasoning already)
- School Pizza Lunch
(I will add fruit, veggies for sides and the Welches Fruit Snacks I purchased will be for the kids last snack )
- Breakfast For Dinner
(already had eggs & gf pancake mix for Luca)
- Taco Tuesday
- Hot Dogs, Fries & salad
- Italian Sausages (already had at home), homemade potato wedges, frozen veggies (had already)
- Chicken Masala and Rice (had at home already)