Last week our oldest daughter came home from school and said her friend told her about a fun tradition her family has. She said every Tuesday night this girls family has Taco Tuesday and asked if we could do the same. Of course I said yes since I'm obsessed with Mexican food and I love a good tradition. The following Tuesday we made tacos and they were a huge hit, even with our little guy. My eyes were a tad bigger than my stomach though and I made just a little (way) too much taco meat. I don't like to waste food and I was all taco'd out (that's a thing right?) so I decided to make a taco shepherds pie. It was super easy to make, everyone loved it & no food went to waste! I just used our left over taco meat and added in some hidden veggies but here's how you would make it from scratch.
Taco Shepherds Pie
1lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
One celery stalk
One garlic clove
1tbs olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cheese
1. Cook ground beef in frying pan until brown. Drain.
2. Add taco seasoning and follow directions on package.
3. Add carrot, celery, garlic & onion To food processor and pulse until very fine.
4. In a seperate pan heat oil and add processed vegetables. Cook until onions are translucent.
5. Add veggies to beef mix and put in baking dish.
6. Boil potatoes and mash with butter and milk.
7. Add on top of beef mixture.
8 Sprinkle cheese and tomato on top.
Cook for 25 minutes on 375 oven.