If you follow me on Instagram or SnapChat you know that my husband and I are about to start a 14 Day Reboot Challenge this Monday where we will only be eating clean.
I'll have more info about this challenge up on the blog Monday.
We sat down and thought about all the not so healthy foods we wanted to stuff our faces with before we start this challenge haha.
We both agreed Carbonara was number one on the not so healthy, but super easy and delicious list.
My husband is Italian and Pasta is his specialty.
Here is the recipe he uses, I believe he got it from his mama :)
You HAVE To try it and let me know what you think.
If your like me - you'll want like 4 bowls.
So so bad, but so so so so so good!
Package of Pasta - We use Bucatini
2 Eggs beaten
8 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon chopped
1 Small Onion cut into small pieces
Salt & Pepper
Pecorino Romano Cheese or Parmesan Oregano
1. Boil Water with Salt to taste
2. While water is boiling add bacon and onion to pan and fry until done
3. When water is boiling add pasta and cook aprox 8 Minutes or until Al Dente
4. Strain Pasta and return to pot
5. Add beaten eggs and bacon mix to hot pasta and mix until the eggs resemble scrambled eggs
6. Add cheese of choice and pepper and serve.
What is your favourite pasta dish?
EDIT: We all ended up with the stomach flu and didn't do the challenge. boo.