I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen lately, coming up with recipes with left over veggies I have in my fridge.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I'm trying to shed some weight which means I've been browsing for veggies while in the grocery store and trying to stay away from the potato chip aisles.
It's forced me to become more creative in the kitchen, because I'm not about to let good veggies go to waste!
The other day I had some carrots that needed to be used so I threw this soup together and it was DELICIOUS!
It's super easy to make and makes a great lunch with a ton of nutritious ingredients.
2 celery stalks chopped
1/2 orange pepper
1 medium yellow onion chopped
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 tbs ginger chopped
2 tsp turmeric
1 tbs coconut oil
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups vegetable stock
1. In a large skillet melt coconut oil over medium high heat.
2. Add celery, yellow onion, garlic, gingerand turmeric cook until fragrant.
About 3-5 minutes.
3. Add carrots, orange pepper and vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook slowly, about 25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
5. Stir in coconut milk.
6. Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.