If you're a mom, chances are Chicken Fingers are a staple in your home.
I used to stock up on frozen chicken fingers when they were on sale and feed them to my kids at least 3 nights a week before we found out Luca was dairy/gluten intolerant, because it was one of the only meals my kids would actually eat!
When we cut dairy/gluten out of our home I knew I would have to find a way to make one of Luca's favourite meals. I spent a lot of time searching for the perfect recipe on Pinterest.
We tried a few recipes and tweaked them until we found the chicken fingers Luca liked best!
In the picture below I serve these with store bought Ketchup but you can totally make your own ketchup to go with them, or my personal fave - honey mustard!
4 chicken breasts
salt & pepper
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tbs Italian seasoning
2 tbs olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
3. Crack eggs into medium bowl and mix with a fork.
4. Add salt and pepper to egg mixture.
5. In another medium bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour and Italian seasoning together.
6. Dip chicken strip in egg mixture then move to flour mixture to coat evenly.
7. Place breaded chicken strip onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Repeat until all chicken strips are on baking sheet.
9. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
These are also super easy to make, so get the kids involved in cooking!
My middle daughter had so much fun helping me prepare these for dinner last week!